Commuter Student Programs
Commuter Student Programs
Having difficulty making the connection to WVU? We can help you make your transition a little easier. We provide fun activities where you can meet other students, academic progress counseling, referral information, information on campus events and activities, community service opportunities, and a place to relax between classes.
On-Campus Job Opportunities
Need to work while attending WVU? The Office of Student Employment helps WVU students find part-time and seasonal employment in order to fund their college educations. Whether students are interested in seriously supplementing their financial aid, keeping themselves in pizza money, or upgrading their cell phone, the office can help with the job hunt.
Parking and Traffic Information
For information about University, public, and private parking lots in the Downtown and Evansdale campuses, see the Parking Info page.
Where are the Commuter Lounges?
The Downtown Commuter Lounge is located in Room 101 of Purinton House. Inside you will find a microwave and refrigerator, a TV and DVD player, comfortable couches and chairs, wireless Internet access, lockers to store your stuff in between classes, free local and national newspapers, and other commuters just like you! A few lockers in the Downtown Commuter Lounge in Purinton House are still available. If you need a locker, please email email@example.com
Spring 2014 Downtown and Evansdale Commuter Lounge Hours:
- Monday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Thursday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Places to Study
If the Commuter Lounges are a bit noisy and you are looking for a more subdued atmosphere where you can relax and study, then the Betty Boyd Lounge at Elizabeth Moore Hall is the place for you. Once inside, you can come in and check out one of the wireless laptops or just unwind on one of the many couches.
The Commuter Connection Newsletter
The Commuter Connection is WVU’s monthly commuter student newsletter, filled with information and advice specifically tailored for WVU’s commuter population. Current issues are emailed to students; current and archived issues can be found here:http://studentlife.wvu.edu/commuter_student_programs/commuter_newsletter
Upcoming Commuter Events
- Wednesday, February 5: Commuter Movie Night, Regal Theaters at University Town Centre. CANCELED DUE TO ROAD CONDITIONS. Will be rescheduled for March.
- Friday, February 21: Programs and Pizza, Downtown Commuter Lounge (101 Purinton House), Noon to 2 PM. Representatives from the Office of Financial Aid and the Center for Service and Learning will speak about their respective departments.
Important Dates to Remember
- Friday, March 7: Last day to drop a class.
- Saturday. March 8 to Sunday, March 16: Spring break (no classes).
- Friday, April 18: Friday before Easter recess (no classes).
- Thursday, April 24: Last day to withdraw from the University.
- Monday, April 28 through Saturday, May 3: Final exams week.
- Friday, May 2: The Downtown Commuter Lounge closes for the summer at 4:45 PM.
For additional information, contact Brian Walker or Brittany Fink in the Office of Commuter Student Programs at (304) 293-5611, or stop by the Office of Student Life located in Elizabeth Moore Hall.