A Plan for the Division of Student Life
Explore and learn about the points along the Strategic Compass.
Using industry standards, innovation, and evidence based practices to work smarter as the Division of Student Life.
Identifying and maximizing student learning and development through rich programming and community building opportunities.
Supporting Students and Staff as holistic individuals through evidence based practice and a culture of wellbeing.
Normalized Practice and Operational Effectiveness
Progress toward achieving success in Normalized Practice and Operational effectiveness is guided by the following aspirational statements:
- Student Life departments, programs and operations are based on standards, aligned with industry best practices. Staff throughout the Division will collaborate to achieve maximum efficiencies and influence.
- Professional development is a hallmark of the Student Life employee experience across all levels and departments.
- Student Life programs and services share a common commitment to student development and competency outcomes.
- Student Life will embrace a greater commitment to assessment and research to better document and communicate the benefits and return on investing human, financial and social resources in Student Life programs and services.
Support and Advocacy
Progress toward achieving success in Support and Advocacy is guided by the following aspirational statements:
- Student Life staff have expert knowledge of the on- and off-campus resources and support available to students and can confidently and accurately connect them to vital services.
- Student Life departments and programs consistently support students’ journey from recruitment to career and beyond.
Engagement, Leadership and Learning
Progress toward achieving success in Engagement, Leadership and learning is
guided by the following aspirational statements:
- Student Life fosters diverse opportunities for all students to engage meaningfully as they develop their purpose while at West Virginia University.
- Student Life embraces the knowledge taht students learn both inside and outside the classroom, creating and maximizing opportunities for practical learning development through programs and services.
- Student Life programs, services and student employment opportunities provide real world experiential leadership opportunities in which students are empowered to learn, apply and gather feedback on leadership competencies while making an impact on campus.
Progress toward achieving success in Wellbeing is guided by the following aspirational statements:
- Student Life systematically addresses wellbeing for students using the WVU Wellbeing Model and evidence-based practice.
- Student Life is recognized for supporting a healthy work-life balance among staff and promoting employee wellbeing.